Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Said More When No One Was Listening

I was thinking recently about how I used to tweet a lot more than I do now.  Then I had "important" people like Michael Hyatt, Jon Acuff and Mark Colombo start following me and I stopped tweeting as much.  I'm afraid they won't like what I say.  I'm afraid it won't be smart enough.  Good enough.  

Same thing with my blog.  My friends commented positively about my posts and said I needed to write more.  Instead of letting this encourage me, I stopped posting because I didn’t want to let them down.  I wasn’t sure I could write well consistently.

I’m still not sure.

But I’m going to start posting again.

Why?  Because I want to.  I feel like God wants me to.  And I’m tired of being afraid.  

This may be a disaster.  Or a huge success.  Either way, you’re welcome to come along for the ride.

What about you?  What fears are keeping you from realizing your dreams?

No comments: